Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

OH MY GRACIOUS!!! 

My class had a HUGE and I mean GARGANTUAN milestone today.  My student who is ELL and selectively mute TALKED to me today.  But hold on to your chair... he not only talked, he approached me and ASKED A QUESTION about how to spell a word...  TWICE!  Then, he even sounded out the words with me and attempted to spell them.  

OH SWEET MAMA!!!! I could not believe it! 

Every time I've coerced words out of him before, I've had the kids give him a 10 Finger Woo AND he's earned a star on the Super Improver Wall.  17 days later HE TALKS!!!!!  Can you tell how excited I am??!!?!?! If we continue at this pace, he will be singing Opera in front of an audience by Spring Break! HA!!!  

I feel so proud of him.  I feel so blessed that I have WBT as a mindset that is so positive and encouraging.  I love that my classroom feels safe enough that he was willing to talk after only 17 days.  

I really wanted to share!  Please tell me how excited you are for my kids that they are making such amazing progress so early on!  I want to share with them how proud other people are and let them know that other people care about their progress.  

Have a great week!  My week can't get better after this....



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Addie! How exciting! The little boy who started in my class with out any English 6 months ago is now MAKING PUNS! It's just wonderful to watch them grow, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete