Friday, August 15, 2014

Wowza!  TGIF!!! 

Happy Friday! #TGIF #SuperRecruiter #gratitude

I finished the first full week with my kids today.  Whew!  It was rough around the edges this week.  But each day has been better.  We have the Super Improver Team up and running, my kids LOVE Crazy Professor Reading, and we are consistently using capital letter and end mark brainies!  Yay!!!

After a Skype session with the fabulous Ms. Nancy Stoltenberg on Thursday night, I felt even better about our progress.  I was feeling a little deflated early on because I started with such enthusiasm and expected that my good intentions would be enough for me to internalize the skills so that they felt routine.  Welllllll..... as we all know good intentions provide motivation but it's the practice, practice, practice that provides the skill.  None of this feels "routine" yet (of course it is only the first week of school so I guess I should cut a girl some slack right?).  I'm just daily evaluating my consistency and setting goals EVERY afternoon for the next day.  So here are my goals for next week (deja vu):

  • Scoreboard
  • Assign homework
  • Scoreboard
  • Introduce more brainies (have them printed for the class)
  • Scoreboard
  • SuperSpeed 1,000 partner routine
  • and oh yeah, SCOREBOARD!!!
I really really REALLY want to do better at the stinkin' scoreboard!  The days I feel like I make progress and my student behaviors are most under control - TONS of scoreboard points.  However, the days I feel defeated... NO scoreboard points.  Coincidental?  I think not!



1 comment:

  1. I can TOTALLY relate!! You sound like me! We just have to remember what does work and focus on that :)!! I would love to know how you started the Crazy Prof. game. That is something I want to do but just have not felt I really understand it so I have not really done it with my class sin the past.
    You ROCK :)
    Chelsea
    Kickin It Whole Brain In Texas

    ReplyDelete