Tuesday, October 14, 2014

47 Days of..... Paper :/ #thistooshallpass

I cannot believe it has been 47 days since my last post... AHHH!!!  So much to tell you, so little time...  Alas, this has been my nightly battle:



How DO you manage all the paper as a teacher????????  I dream of a paperless world... except my eyes go all squinky looking at a screen and I like highlighters and colored pens.  They have become quite an obsession of mine since college.

Anyways....

Where are my kiddos with WBT stuff, I heard you ask.  Well... ponder no more!  This post has the answers for you.


Ready???

Do you want to know???

Do you need to know????

Can you handle it???

Ok, enough teasing and lollygagging....

My.



Kids.



Are.










drum roll.....





in exactly the same spot they were 47 days ago.... wah wah wah.....  Well, not exactly, but their progress has been less than stellar.  I haven't been posting for the same reason my kids aren't making the progress I wish they would: I am barely surviving.  

I know what you are thinking... "But wait, Super Woman doesn't have bad days??"  (I know you all refer to me as Super Woman.)  I'm not really Super Woman, and I really do have bad days.  This year has been full of a slew of them.  But, tomorrow is a new day and after hearing Coach B's reinvented Scoreboard ideas tonight, I am FIRED up to begin with Level 1: Basecamp tomorrow AND get my kids rolling in the Super Improve League competition.

I don't know about y'all, but this year started with a rocky beginning.  I am SUPER glad to be moving along, BUT I also feel like so much time is already lost.  I plan to "make it" through this week and a long weekend tending to family things, and then do a little better next week and go to Houston for a training for my school, and hopefully even better the next as I roll into my sweet angel girl's first birthday (cue the nail biting!).  After that, it's smooth sailing on the waves of fully implemented WBT!

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents, because we are turning up the heat in third grade!!!
(And yes, I'm aware that all those "idioms" and whatnot do not necessarily go together... Hehe!)

Follow my kids on the Facebook competition.  We are Kelley's Dynamo Super Kids!












The following Hashtag fun are to amuse you and describe my last 47 days... feel free to comment your own!  :)

#papermountain   #teacherlife   #ineedapersonalassistant   #dontgetpaidtopushpaper   #papercutsarearealproblem   #toobusytoactuallyteach   #turnanewleaf   #dontsweatthesmallstuff   #dontevensweatthebigstuff   #backtobasics   #teachingismypassion   #doitforthechildren   #teachthewholebrain   #worksheetsdontgrowdendrites   #morepaperdoesnotequalmoreteaching   #gottausethatbrain   #readyforWBThardcore

No comments:

Post a Comment