Thursday, January 23, 2014

I found the COOLEST technology this week!  First of all, I just discovered LearnZillion!  It is AMAZING!  For anyone who is interested in the flipped classroom model, these videos are already made for you.  Simply follow the site's directions to register for your own account, create classes, add students, and assign videos.  My kids tried it this week and they LOVED it!  I took them to the computer lab to try it out so everyone would have a computer.  My high ability kids were able to watch the lesson and complete a task and then spend time on BrainChild (a website my district uses for test prep that progresses the kids at their own pace).  My mid ability groups spent a little more time watching and analyzing while asking each other questions.  I let them work in pairs or triads.  My low ability group stayed with me in a small group and we watched the video all the way through first, then watched a second time stopping to ask and answer questions.  My kids called this a "close video."  I guess all that "close" reading is sinking in!  It worked really well!  I was super excited and I hope to start experimenting with flipped lessons!

Then tonight I stumbled on this little beauty at ThingLink!  You load a picture by just dragging and dropping, and then add some links.  The kids click on the links and complete the tasks.  I want to go back and add a Prezi link to this too so all this amazing technology is linked up!  This is my first thing-link and I was playing with our comprehension skill from this week since I just finished it up today.  Hopefully I can sit this weekend and play some more with upcoming skills.

What do you think?  Can you incorporate this into your lessons?


1 comment:

  1. I love learnzillion too. It's a great way to present many topics and it also gives the students another way of hearing something explained from a voice other than mine or a fellow student's.

    ReplyDelete